The Singing Body Workshop
The Singing Body Workshop, with Regan O’Brien, explores Embodied Voice and Breath Work. The next class is on the 18th of July, from 11 am to 1 pm. There is a fee of €80 per person. Please contact Regan for booking information.
About the The Singing Body Workshop
When do you feel most alive?
I invite you to join me in a morning of investigation in to our Flow-State through movement, breath and vocalising.
Bringing consciousness to our moving, breathing and vocal patterns and how we can express and communicate ourselves freely and without judgement.
Softening into the moving body so we can feel into the pathways of expression and be patient.
As an embodied voice coach I feel it is my role to create a gentle, curious and playful environment where we may bring our sensory awareness to our patterns of expression. To teach skills and tools to recognise and release unhelpful patterns and gain some deeper insights and a more expansive experience of ease and comfort in vocal expression.
Trusting our internal experiences; we aim to connect with our innate, spontaneous and intuitive voice and be heard.
Trusting the power of simply showing up and being present: we aim to build a beautiful event which holds and celebrates our creative vocal expression.
I have the right to play and have fun and relax….
- …to experience and express myself
- …to be heard
- …to trust my intuition and my gut feelings
- …to make mistakes and learn from them.
- …to give and receive support
- …to maintain my own identity in a group
- …right to be treated with dignity and respect
- …to take care of my physical, emotional and spiritual self as I see fit.
- …to love and accept myself unconditionally.
This workshop is about learning how to show up for ourselves and celebrate that. About being in and honoring your own process and recognising that others are in their own process. Learning how to focus your attention on perceiving what you are doing with awareness so you have choice.
Sensing into the feeling of your voice vibrating in your body helps us in learning how to trust your sensual body. When the senses come alive and we begin find flow, our creativity is ignited and it becomes possible to express freely, with nuance and clarity.
- Soften into the moving body: Being present with curiosity.
- Observe the breath as a dance: Expansion and contraction.
- Balance the skeleton: Pelvis and Jaw relationship.
- Notice impulses to express ourselves: The story of the feeling body.
- Practice trusting our voice: Vocal resonance.
- Supporting your voice with breath: A symbiotic process.
- Vocal choreography: A group vocal composition.
- Reflection and tea.
Regan O’Brien Bio
You can check our Body and Movement section for more information about Regan O’Brien.