Tuesday Drop In – Cultivating Resilience through Mindfulness in Challenging Times
As a way of supporting your ongoing mindfulness practice, the drop-in with Carmel O’Hara will resume again on Tuesday 1st September. Classes will take place on Tuesday evenings between 6 pm and 6.50 pm. The theme of the 5 weeks will be ‘Cultivating Resilience through Mindfulness in Challenging Times’. To create a secure Zoom link it is important to register for this 5 week offering.
Each week Carmel will introduce a new theme:
- Week 1: The centrality of the body in health and well-being.
- Week 2: Understanding the emotional regulation system so that we can move from reactivity to response.
- Week 3: Activating the soothing system to bring pause and calm to our reactive patterns.
- Week 4: Turning towards what is challenging so as not to avoid or bypass the difficulties life throws our way. Over time with the aid of mindfulness, kindness and compassion we learn to trust both life and our own responses.
- Week 5: Living fully in our senses so that we can open with appreciation, joy and gratitude to what is available to us in our life.